The ISI 2023 exam is conducted by the Indian Statistical Institute. It is a national-level entrance examination that is conducted each year for candidates seeking admission to various campuses of ISI. The qualified candidates will get shortlisted for admission in various UG and PG programmes like B.Stat. (Hons), B.Maths (Hons), M.Maths, M.Tech, etc. The candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in the exam and interview rounds.
What is the ISI Examination for?
ISI Examination is an opportunity by Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) to pursue postgraduate and other relevant programmes. It's a Golden opportunity for candidates who are seeking to pursue postgraduate programmes with valid or without valid GATE scores.
About The ISI Institute:
Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), is a unique institution devoted to the research, teaching, and application of statistics, natural sciences, and social sciences. Founded by Professor P.C. Mahalanobis in Kolkata on 17th December 1931, the institute gained the status of an Institution of National Importance by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1959. The ISI Headquarters is located on the northern fringe of the metropolis of Kolkata. Additionally, there are four centers located in Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, and Tezpur.
What are the basic ISI Exam 2023 Highlights?
- Exam Name: Indian Statistical Institute Admission Test (ISI Admission Test)
- Organization Name: Indian Statistical Institute (ISI)
- Level Of Examination: National Level
- Exam Types: UG & PG
- Application Mode: Online
What are the ISI 2023 Exam Dates?
- Release of Notification: 3rd week of January 2023
- Starting of application form: 1st week of March 20
- Last date to submit the application form: Last week of March 2023
- Last date for Fee payment: Last week of March 2023
- Release of admit card: 3rd week of April 2023
- ISI 2023 exam: 2nd week of May 2023
- Release of answer key: May 2023
- Last date to submit objections: May 2023
- Announcement of result: June 2023
- Release of 1st admission list: July 2023
How to Fill Up the 2023 ISI 2023 Application Form?
- The ISI 2023 application process will start in the 1st week of March 2023.
- Candidates have to make sure to submit the form through an online process only.
- Candidates have to fill in the details like candidate name, email id, date of birth, etc.
- Now, upload the documents and click on the pay button.
- After clicking on the pay button, you will make a payment using your credit card, debit card, UPI, Net Banking, etc.
- Take a printout of the application form and payment receipt for future reference.
What is the Application Fee for ISI 2023 Examination?
- The Application form fee can be submitted through both online modes.
- Candidates can make fee payments using Credit cards, Debit cards, Net Banking, etc.
ISI 2023 Application fee will be as follows:
- For all male/unreserved general category candidates Rs. 1250/-
- For all female/unreserved general category candidates Rs. 750/-
- For SC/ST/OBC/PWD reserved category candidates Rs. 625/-
ISI 2023 – How to Apply?
- Step-1: To fill out the application form, visit the website of ISI 2023.
- Step-2: Click on the application form on the homepage.
- Step-3: Fill out the Registration form by providing their details like name, date of birth, mobile number, email id, etc., and generate a password to access the login.
- Step-4: Login details will be provided to the candidate directly via SMS/ Email.
- Step-5: Now log in and start filling out the ISI Application form.
- Step-6: In the application, form candidates have to fill in the details, upload the documents, and have to pay an application fee.
- Step-7: Candidates must preserve the login details for future logins.
What are the ISI 2023 Eligibility Criteria?
- For B.Stat. (Hons.): Candidates must pass the 12th or equivalent standard in English and Mathematics.
- For M.Stat: Three years or more Bachelor's degree in any stream.
- For M.Tech: Four-year BE/B.Tech or equivalent degree in any stream. Master’s degree in any subject and have passed Mathematics at the 10+2 level.
- For MS (QE): Three-year Bachelor's degrees or duration with more years in any stream, are eligible to apply.
Following is the complete list of documents candidates will have to bring for the document verification:
- 10th and 12th mark sheets and certificate
- ISI 2023 Admit card
- ISI 2023 Result
- Medical Fitness certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Migration certificate
- Other qualifying passing certificate
What is the ISI 2023 Exam Pattern?
- Mode of Exam: The mode of exam will be offline (pen and paper) based.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of the exam is 2 hours to complete the question paper.
- Language of Exam: The candidates can appear for the entrance exam in the English language.
- Total Session: The entrance exam will be conducted in two sessions (forenoon and afternoon).
- Type of Questions: Two types of questions will be asked objective-type questions and descriptive-type questions.
- Marking Scheme: The marking scheme will vary for each course.
What is the ISI 2023 Syllabus?
- The syllabus of ISI varies from course to course. Candidates applying for UG programmes need to study as per the syllabus prescribed for classes 11th and 12th. Candidates opting for the PG programme should prepare for the relevant subjects studied during graduation. The ISI syllabus will be released online mode along with the information bulletin.
What are the preparation structures that must be filled in for the ISI 2023 Examination?
- Go through the complete syllabus and exam pattern before starting to prepare for the examination.
- Make a timetable and follow it strictly.
- Avoid any kind of unnecessary distraction and keep the focus on your study only.
- Participated in the mock tests for evaluating preparation.
- Solve the previous year of question papers and sample papers.
- Stay healthy and avoid any unhealthy activities.
How to collect the ISI 2023 Admit Card?
- Admit cards will be released in the 3rd week of April 2023 through online mode. This is the most important document to be carried out on the day of the examination. The admit card will contain the details like candidate's name, father's name, category, photograph, signature, and date of birth, etc. It is mandatory to carry the ISI Admit card and a valid government id proof at the examination center. Candidates must take a printout of the admit card and keep it safe till the admission process.
Where to check ISI 2023 Answer Key?
- Candidates will be able to check their answer key from the month of May 2023 through online mode. Candidates will be able to access the ISI answer key by filling in their username and password. Candidates can calculate their marks with the help of the answer key. If any candidate has doubt or complaint regarding the key questions that same has to be submitted to the authority. Candidates will also get the objection facility for the answer key. The final answer key will be released after the completion of the objection facility.
When & How ISI 2023 Results will be announced?
- The ISI Result 2023 will be announced from June 2023 through online mode. After the result announcement, candidates will be eligible for the next stage of the admission interview. Candidates can download the result by filling in their usernames and passwords. Only those candidates who will be called for the interview procedure who qualifies the written exam. The merit list will be based on the scores obtained by the candidates in the written exam as well as in the interview.
What is the ISI 2023 Interview procedure?
- ISI Interview is going to be organized for candidates shortlisted after the examination. The admission process will be started after the declaration of the result. If at any stage of the selection process it is found that a candidate does not satisfy the eligibility conditions, their application will not be processed by the authority. A panel will commence the interview of the candidates. Entirely based on marks obtained by the candidates in written and interview, a merit list will be created for selecting the candidates. Those who are selected can apply for the admission process. Candidates need to download the interview letter online mode.
What is the ISI 2023 Admission Procedure?
- The admission procedure is based on the merit list which is created according to the marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance examination and interview. After the selection, candidates will be required to go through the verification round. Candidates have to produce the original documents along with photocopies during the verification round.
[Image source: Photo by Owen Michael Grech on Unsplash]