UGC NET 2023 Exam will be organized twice a year in the month of December 2022 & June 2023. University Grant Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). It is a national-level eligibility test that conducts the “Assistant Professor” or “Junior Research Fellowship & Assistant Professor Programme” for Indian students. In the previous year, both session exams were merged by the official authority so there was only one exam held in the year 2022.
What are UGC NET 2023 Highlights?
- Name of the Exam: UGC-NET
- Full form: University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test Level of Exam National Level
- Conducting Body: NTA
- Application mode: Online mode
- Exam mode: Online (Computer Based) mode
- Date of Exam: 2nd week of December 2022
What are UGC NET 2023 Exam Dates?
Application form release date: 2nd week of December 2022 (tentative)
- [Other dates are yet not revealed.]
Information about UGC NET 2023 Application Form
Candidates must go through the following details regarding UGC NET 2023 application form:
- UGC NET 2023 application form will be released separately for December & June sessions.
- Candidates will be able to apply from the second week of December 2022 for the December session.
- The last date to submit the registration form will be till the third week of December 2022.
- The application form will be made available only through online mode. No other mode will be entertained to fill out the application form.
- Authority will also provide a correction facility to edit incorrect details (if any) in the application form for a limited time period.
- More than one application form will not be accepted, so candidates must fill out only a single application form.
- While filling out the application form, candidates must not forget to upload passport-size photographs & signatures in the prescribed format.
- The registration form will be accepted only by eligible candidates so candidates are advised to check the norms to avoid any rejection of the form.
- All important information will be sent to the candidate's registered mail ID & phone number, so it must be valid/working.
- Once all details will be filled in, candidates must not forget to take its printout for future use.
What are the Application fees for UGC NET 2023?
- The application fee will be submitted via online mode.
- Mode of payment includes credit card, debit card, or net banking.
The application fee for different categories will be as follows:
- General/ UR category: Rs. 1100/-
- General-EWS/ OBC-NCL category: Rs. 550/-
- SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender: Rs. 275/-
What are the UGC NET 2023 Application Correction procedures?
Candidates will be able to edit incorrect information (If any) in UGC NET 2023 application form via online mode. It will be made available from the third week of November 2022 for the December session. Candidates will have to use their login credentials to edit details.
The correction facility is the only one-time opportunity for all candidates to rectify their mistakes in the registration form. Candidates are advised to edit details before the last date & not to miss their opportunity.
What is the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria?
Candidates must go through the following details regarding UGC NET 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
- Qualification: Candidates must qualify master’s degree from any recognized board or university to be eligible.
- Percentage: Applying candidate must have scored a minimum of 55% marks (50% as OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ Third gender) without round-off.
- Age Criteria: For JRF, the candidate must not be more than 31 years (5-year age relaxation will be given to reserved category candidates). There will be no maximum age limit for Assistant Professors.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the final year in the year 2023 will be also eligible to apply for UGC NET 2023
What will be the UGC NET 2023 Exam Pattern?
Candidates must check the following points for UGC NET Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: The examination for UGC NET will be conducted via online (computer-based) mode.
- Papers: There will be two papers in the examination.
- Languages: Candidates can choose any English or Hindi language to give the examination.
- Questions: The question paper will consist of 150 questions.
- Question Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) will be asked in the question paper.
- Time Duration: Candidates can submit the question paper within 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 2 marks will be given.
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking for an incorrect answer.
What is the UGC NET 2023 Syllabus?
UGC NET syllabus will be different for both papers as Paper I & II. The updated syllabus will be updated in our article when it will be published officially. Topics will be from General Papers on Teaching & Research Aptitude, English, Law, Commerce, etc.
Students are advised to check the complete syllabus before starting to prepare for the exam. Students must keep checking the NTA website for syllabus.
What are the UGC NET 2023 Preparation Tips?
Candidates must check the following tips & tricks regarding UGC NET:
- Check the complete exam pattern & syllabus.
- Make proper notes & strictly follow them.
- Practice from mock test & previous year's sample paper.
- Keep at least one week only for revision.
- Do not panic.
- Take a proper diet & sleep properly.
Scholarshipforme.com wishes all aspirants a successful career.
[Photo by Fotos on Unsplash]